Cookies are very easy to make vegan. The only ingredient that you will have to completely have to cut out all together is eggs. Eggs are unnecessary in the recipe, as there is not much effect of removing them. Once, you make the dough for the cookies you can then alter the recipe however you like. I made a variety of cookies, from s’mores to peanut butter chocolate chip. Vegan cookie dough is also better because you can eat the dough without cooking it without having to worry about getting sick from raw eggs.
- 2 cups of white flour
- 1 cup of organic coconut sugar (any vegan sugar will work)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk + extra if needed (any dairy-free milk)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup of softened vegan butter
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Vegan (gelatin-free) marshmallows (Dandies)
- Peanut Butter
- Hazelnut chocolate spread (Justin’s)
- First, preheat the over to 350°F.
- Next step is to start preparing the dough. In order to do this you will begin by placing 1/2 cup of vegan butter (softened) into a large contain along with 1 cup of sugar. I use organic coconut sugar in this recipe. You will then use a fork to combine these to which should result in a cream consistency.
- After the butter and sugar are combined, pour all of the dry ingredients on top of the butter-sugar mixture. This will save on time and dishes. You can then combine all of the ingredients while adding the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- At this point, the cookie dough will seem very dry. If necessary you can add a tiny bit of coconut milk to soften the dough. After, the dough is somewhat sticking together you can begin to kneed the mixture. To make this process easier put flour on the dough as well as your hands.
- From this point you can then decide what kind of cookie you would like to make and add desired ingredients.
- After combing all of desired ingredients you can prepare to bake the cookies. I would recommend measuring out 1 tbsp. of dough and flattening them out a little. Let the cookies bake for 11-13 minutes.