The biggest struggle with being vegan is finding a cheese alternative. After about 1.5 years of being vegan I have found a cheese that seems to match the taste of cheese (from what I remember at least). Luckily, over the past few months I have discovered some vegan cheese that works greatly as a cheese substitute; Miyokos – Mozzarella, Miyokos – Double Cream and Chive, Nacheeze melted cheese. Having these dairy free, cashew based, cheese substitutes have made cooking and try to replicate non-vegan recipes a bliss.
– 2 large potatoes – 1/4 Broccoli Crowns – 1 can of Nacheeze – Splash of Almond Milk – Carrots (optional) – 1 tbsp of Corn Starch – Desired seasonings (Red pepper, poultry seasoning, and veggie bouillon cube)
- Start by making sure that you have all of the needed ingredients. After, ensuring that you are ready to start making the soup, you will then start to chop all of you vegetables up.
- Bring your vegetable broth to a boil and add your diced up potatoes.
- After, your potatoes are half way cooked, take a little amount of broth into a separate bowl and whisk the corn starch in the broth.After, the corn starch is no longer clumpy you can then put the mixture back into the main pot.
- Then, you can add the remaining ingredients. I would recommend either whisking the Nacheeze into the broth or just make sure that you are stirring it very thoroughly.
- Finally, let the soup simmer and let all of the flavors join together. After that is done you can enjoy the soup.